Thank you for using this theme. If this instruction doesn’t cover your queries feel free to contact us and we will do what we can. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made even simpler let us know we will be glad to change it.
1.1.How to Install Theme
Go to WP Dashobard – Apperarance – Themes and hit “Add new” in the top left corner. Search the name “Hometard”. Install and activate the theme.
Login to your account (account? – the one your created while purchasing) and download the purchased theme file from there.
Upload via WordPress Admin
- Download Theme zip,
- Go to Appearance >Themes,
- In Install Theme tab, choose “Upload”,
- Then find theme-name.zip file on your computer and press Install Now,
- Go to Appearance -> Themes panel, locate the theme and click Activate button to activate the theme.
Install via FTP
- Unzip the downloaded file,
- Upload theme folder into Themes folder in your WordPress installation (/wp-content/themes) via FTP,
- Go to Appearance >Themes, find theme and activate it,
1.2.Activate Hometard PRO license
License key is required for the Hometard PRO. Login to your account – Orders and hit “License Manage” button
Use the key generator at the bottom to generate the key. In this tab you can find the keys, activate the keys or delete them.
Copy one of your key and go to your WP dashboard – Settings – Hometard PRO and paste your key here. 1 key = 1 website
KingComposer is the most advanced WordPress
page builder plugin. It’s lightweight and extremely powerful. Download HERE
KC PRO (Included in Hometard PRO version)
An extension for KingComposer. Front-end Live Editor that gives you the best real-time design experience.
Enable the KingComposer plugin and go to WP Dashboard – KingComposer – KC PRO! – install and activate this PRO addon
WooCommerce is a powerful, extendable eCommerce plugin that helps you sell anything. Beautifully.
This plugin is required for Shop features. Download HERE.
Max Mega Menu (PRO version only)
Max Mega Menu will automatically convert existing main menu into a mega menu.
This plugin is required for Mega Menu. Download HERE.
Contact Form 7
Popular contact form plugin
MailPoet Newsletters (PRO version only)
Popular newsltetter plugin
1.4.Migrating From Another Theme
If you are migration from a theme which used the native featured images functionality of WordPress. Please use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to resize all the thumbnails. Click the link above and download the free plugin, and read through the steps it contains, it has all the information you need.
2.Setup Front/Home Page
1. Install and activate KingComposer plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/kingcomposer/ and the PRO addon
2. Create a new page by going to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New. You can use any title for this page but in our example we call it “Front Page”.
3. Now you need to change Template for this page. You can do that via “Page Attributes” that you can see on the right side of post editor screen. From Template downtown choose Homepage. Now click Update page to save these changes.
4. Use KingComposer to create your awesome page, home page, landing page… (follow the step 5 to set this page as home page)
5. Once you have this page ready you have to set it as homepage for your website. You can achieve it by going to WordPress dashboard -> Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays -> A static page (select below) and there select your newly created page.
2.1.How to import demo content (PRO only)
You can import all our Hometard PRO demo content and layouts in a few clicks (the images are not included).
KingComposer (or KC PRO!) must be installed and activated.
Check the video tutorial below:
All available options can be used from Appearance->Customize
4.1.Theme Colors and Typography (PRO only)
In Hometard PRO you can define almost every color and set the fonts (Google fonts).
Go to Customizer – Colors and Typography and select section
4.2.Logo, Title, Icon
To setup the Logo, Site Title and Tagline or Site Icon go to Customizer – Site Identity
To setup the background go to Customizer – Background Image
To setup the background color go to Customizer – Colors
To setup the background and background color go to Customizer – Colors and Typography – Background Image
5.WooCommerce (PRO only)
Hometard and Hometard PRO supports WooCommerce plugin. Hometard PRO includes lot of customization options to fit your products layout.
Go to Customizer – WooCommerce
You can enable WooCommerce breadcrumbs, gallery zoom, lightbox and slider or floating cart.
You can define the archive/shop colors and layouts:
5.3.WooCommerce Product Page
You can define the product page colors and layouts:
All WooCommerce images are controlled by WooCommerce.
The documentation: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/adding-product-images-and-galleries/
Set products image dimensions: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/adding-product-images-and-galleries/#section-6
Fixing Blurry Product Images: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fixing-blurry-product-images/